Saturday 7 June 2014

The dreaded lull

So I was plodding along and I realized that I haven't done much in almost a month! Calamity! Haven't read anything besides fanfiction, haven't written anything but more fanfiction and an unfinished beginning of what has promise to be a pretty epic story.

I'm giving myself a pass on responsibility for the moment, due to life being pretty demanding. Newish job ahead (promotion), more hours, more stress. Plus, I FINISHED MY SECOND NOVEL in April and got engaged in May!!! So I think the rest has been pretty deserved.

What's ahead: some pretty fun and terrifying stuff. Myself and a few writing friends from school are embarking on the epic adventure that is the Midwest Writers Conference. There I will be pitching my novel to agents, sitting through a ton of awesome panels with authors and agents alike, and even submitting my novel for a contest. To say that this is a great opportunity to get myself out there is an understatement, and I am both excited and a little cowed by the whole thing. After the conference I plan to start sending my novel out to agents and publishing houses and seeing if I get any bites. Networking as a new author is so important, and the next step for me is going to tell a lot. No pressure or anything....

My sequel sits in my computer unedited for the time being and I fear that's where it will stay for awhile. I think I need some critical distance from it before I can get back into making it something better than it is.

In the fall I plan to participate in my second attempt at NaNoWriMo and start the next book series I've had in my head, planning and re-planning, for the last 10 years. This is a fun one, another YA, that involves different worlds, people with some insane abilities, and of course a whole lot of misadventure. That's all you guys get for now, but I will probably update more in my novel peeks later ;)

Until next time guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment