Tuesday 26 November 2013

Requiem By Lauren Oliver

I rate this book 3.5 out of 5

Lena is back in the Wilds, safe for the moment, but what was once a place of refuge is now anything but. The Wilds have never been kind to the uncureds who hid in it's wooded depths, but now there is more than weather and animals to fear: cureds are coming and they are determined to wipe the infected out. In their little group it's anything but easy, as Lena tries to stay alive long enough to fight for the right to love. But things would be a lot less complicated if Lena even knew which boy she was fighting for; Julian who followed her into the Wilds with nothing but blind faith and patient affection, or Alex, her first love brought back from the dead who wants nothing to do with her. 

Requiem as the third and final book in the Delirium series is a good one. It took me a little bit for me to get into full swing reading of this book, but once I did I was hooked. Though there is some repetitiveness to the narration, and a few editorial mistakes that I noticed, it wasn't too distracting and I still enjoyed the story over all. The split narration between Lena and Hana was also a very interesting move on Oliver's part. The inside view into a cured's mind was fascinating, and the experience of juggling between the stories really amped up the tension. I found myself glued to the pages as the story ran full tilt towards it's climax, and I do have to say I personally was pleased with the ending. Though this series is not the most arresting one I've ever immersed myself in, the story and the world it concerns is very thought provoking and interesting. It would be well worth any readers’ time to complete this series.

By Alissa Tsaparikos

No comments:

Post a Comment