Tuesday 16 April 2013

Rage


I don’t know why I even try,
Hope, dream, or cry.
Because the whole thing is a fallacy in my mind.
It’s cool and slick but my brain is going numb
And the hatred burns like coals,
Hot on the back of my tongue
Until I want to scream fire.                                                                                                                                                         
And all the while these lines scurry
Through my mind like spiders that crawl into ears;
All the words I could say,
Words that can break, twist, and claw,
They nurture and grow like poison,
Just waiting for me to bite.
I want to destroy and mangle you into the shape of my heart,
Until nothing’s left but a crumpled mass.
Just say one more line, I dare you.
Because right now I’m holding back.
But someday I’ll let it all out,
And God help those in its path.

By Alissa Tsaparikos 

No comments:

Post a Comment