Friday 17 January 2014

Novel Update!

I have reached 200 pages today!! A total of 69,064 words!!! I still have over a third of the story to go, but I'm getting closer to done everyday.

It feels so invigorating to write everyday and I don't know that I have ever felt this way before. After doing NaNoWriMo I learned that this is what it is really like to be a writer and that it is far from impossible to generate large amounts of writing in a very small amount of time. I have almost finished the sequel to my first novel and I am even now actively planning not only the editing of it and it's predecessor, but also planning the writing of the next three book (probably) series that I've got lined up to start writing next fall.

I know I will always have bad days where it will seem hopeless and like I will never make it in the publishing or storytelling world. I know that I spent most of my writing life struggling to produce even the most minimal of projects that never seemed to reach the level of expectation I put on myself. But somewhere along the way I learned to let go of that and just write. I found my voice again and with it all the stories I am still dying to write. I once thought my creativity had been killed, that writing was not the path I was meant for, simply because I couldn't fit myself or my writing in the perfect little pigeon holes that my university professors expected me to. I learned that being different was okay and that it won't ever come out perfect the first time. Most importantly I learned that I had to write, everything else be damned! Because it is my story and I need to let it out and share it.

Days like today remind me that I made the right decision when I decided to set out on this path. This is what I am good at, this is my calling, and it never felt more fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment